Fibro Escapades

30-Something Wife, Mother, and Student shares her battles with Fibromyalgia and life in general.

Friday, July 07, 2006

One of Each and Walmart

I am usually very paranoid about taking pain medicine and then driving. Last night I was in major pain and took both a Darvocet and an Ultram (a little trick I learned back when I had my wisdom teeth out). 30 minutes later, I was feeling better and wanting Circus Peanuts. So at 12:30 AM I hopped in the car and drove to WalMart. Not a thought about pain meds.

Now, you are probably thinking "ut oh", but it went fine. I did some shopping, got my goodies and drove back home with no problems. It wasn't until I was climbing back into bed that I realized I'd taken not one but two pain meds and then drove. Which means I must be building up a bit of a tolerance to them. *sigh* This worries me.

I have watched my mother build up tolerances to pain meds to the point where they don't help her pain. Then the Docs move her to something stronger. She is now on methadone and needs to take two sometimes to cut the pain. This is not where I want to go. This is why I ignore the pain until I can't take it any more before I take a pill (or two).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home