Fibro Escapades

30-Something Wife, Mother, and Student shares her battles with Fibromyalgia and life in general.

Monday, June 19, 2006

Sunday I took my daughter, who is 6, shopping for a new swimsuit because she was starting a week long day camp today. While we were in the dressing room she tried on a two piece swimsuit, looked in the mirror and said, "This makes me look fat." She is only 6!!! *sigh*

She finally picked a one piece and she went to camp today. When I picked her up at the bus stop (they pick up and drop off at the school), she got off the bus and said, "I'm so glad to see you. I had an awful day." Not what I was expecting to hear. Apparently they didn't have any "activities" at the day camp, just played on the playground at the park all morning and then swam all afternoon. She was upset because she can't swim and didn't pass the "swim test" and couldn't swim out to the floating dock on the lake. So we talked about swim lessons. I've wanted to talk to her about them before, but figured it would be better if it was her idea. She's going back to camp tomorrow and I hope she has a better day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home