Fibro Escapades

30-Something Wife, Mother, and Student shares her battles with Fibromyalgia and life in general.

Wednesday, June 21, 2006

A Cool Site.

http://www.gutenberg.org/

Here you can find pulic domain works for download or online reading, including the afore mentioned Jane Eyre. I actually finished reading it online, as when I am in pain, holding a book for a prolonged time can be awful! I was glad to stumble on this site and may register to proof read some pages and contribute to the cause.

Jane Eyre was good. I was quite taken in by her character and found myself aching with her trials and rejoicing with her good fortunes. I think my husband was amused with my frequent verbal outbursts when the story line would take a twist. (Hi Honey, I see you peeking in here from work *waves*) It has it's moments when it gets swept up in the details of describing the setting a bit too much and I am often inclined to skim these parts in eager anticipation of returning to the plights of the characters. I never was one for too much window dressing.

Today, I should work on my costume for the pirate LARP at Origins. We leave a week from today. I should try and take advantage of the kiddo being in day camp today and tomorrow and at her Aunt's for a few days after that. Oh, laundry that needs doing, the kitchen that needs cleaning, the costume that needs making.... woe is me. *giggle*

4 Comments:

Blogger Rhett said...

yeah, all that needs done at my house too, but i just left it... maybe my cat will work on it while im at work :)

8:50 AM  
Blogger Risha said...

Oh? are you making a pirate costume too??? *grin*

Where are Cindarella's mice when you need them?

4:14 PM  
Blogger Rhett said...

no pirate costume, but laundry and kitchen are gross! cat's room needs some work, den a disaster and have mercy on my closet :)

we are leaving today to go to savannah for the weekend so no work getting done here! HA I am up early to "clean" a little and hopefully the bi-weekly cleaning service can manage to make it presentable by the time we get home :)

I played the iPod shuffle game last night and posted the results. That was fun!

Have a good weekend and good luck to the pirate costume :)

6:34 AM  
Blogger Rhett said...

no to the pirate costume... on the pirate costume... should drink coffee before typing....
haha!

6:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home