Fibro Escapades

30-Something Wife, Mother, and Student shares her battles with Fibromyalgia and life in general.

Wednesday, June 14, 2006

dream a little dream of me

Well, I'm awake. It's 1 something in the morning and I'd like to get to sleep sometime in the next half hour. Unfortunately, sleep has been elusive for me at night. Bright daylight? I snore through it. Lawnmowers, motorcycles, the landlord pounding on the guttering with a hammer... forget about it, I'm off dreaming about my first husband and my current mother-in-law. (If you think THAT wouldn't set off alarm bells with a therapist, you must have more brain fog than me!) However, give me middle of the night, quiet, dark, and even throw in a sleeping pill or two and I'm wide awake. *Sigh*

I was up till 5:30 am last night. I got up around 10-ish, because even *I* can't sleep through a 6 year old once she gets up. I actually felt decent enough to do some laundry, microwave enough water for 2 pitchers of warm water to "shower" with (oh, yeah, our gas has been off since it got warm, so no hot water... we managed to keep it on through the winter, I don't know how, but until we have 400 dollars that doesn't have to go toward rent, food, and electricity, well, I'm boiling a lot of water...), and get my financial aid papers turned in on campus. I planned to come home and vaccuum, but we got home at 4:30 and I just crashed. Lucky for me hubby was home at 5:30 and took the kiddo to the park and got her dinner, because I slept till a little after 8.



That was me, oh, about 10 years ago. I was rather proud of the editing job I did to put that background in the picture. Ahh, the good old days when life was simple!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home